Sunday, September 16, 2007

From an email I received...

I received this in an email from a cousin of mine. It touched me.
Stare and observe this picture for more than a fleeting second. Notice all the details within it.
The old man and his war tattoos in complete thankfulness. The young marine with a missing hand on one arm and missing fingers on the other, along with an injured eye. Two generations embracing each other in thankfulness. I was saddened. I was heartened. I was proud to have glimpsed them. These are the embodiment of my heroes.



The text below the photo reads, "Pearl Harbor survivor Houston James of Dallas embraced Marine Staff Sgt. Mark Graunke Jr. during a Veterans Day commemoration in Dallas yesterday. Graunke lost a hand, a leg and an eye when he defused a bomb in Iraq last year. This week's images of U.S. troops in combat in Fallujah deepened the day's significance for many who attended tributes held in San Diego and across the Nation. Associated Press"

No comments: