...to “review” House Republican proposals to help small businesses, the real engine of our economic growth, create jobs.Seriously? You want Obama to review a bill to "create" actual jobs? I'm sorry, but Obama is not about creating jobs. He does his best to destroy and eliminate jobs. So far, over 4 million this year alone.
But Rep Boehner, you are still playing politics with people's lives here. If you want to impress your base, the Republicans of the Americas, then put some meat in that bill. Things like this ...
• Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income.... really do nothing to create jobs.
• Let small businesses join together to purchase health insurance for their workers the way large businesses and labor unions do.
• Enact genuine legal reform and policies that incentivize wellness to reduce health care costs for small businesses.
• Lower taxes for all taxpayers by reducing the current 15 percent rate to 10 percent and reducing the current 10 percent rate to 5 percent. This will provide an immediate increase in income to every taxpaying family in America and free up capital to help small businesses hire more workers.
• Expand health savings accounts (HSAs) to provide additional flexibility to small businesses in providing health care to their employees.
Rep Boehner, if you really want to create jobs, then put in these changes.
- Place a one year freeze on Capital Gains taxes.
- Provide a one year moratorium on small-business and self-employment taxes.
- In addition to providing tax breaks for employees, reduce the taxes on employers. Reduce the top tax rate of 28, 33 and 35% down to 25%. Allow employers to keep more of their money so that they can AFFORD to employ more people.
- Eliminate or drastically reduce minimum wage requirement. Allow more young people to find employment - they have a 52% unemployment now.
- Implement a permanent 50% cut on corporate taxes. The US is the highest anywhere.
- Mandate that any pork spending be done one bill at a time.
- Mandate that any bill or spending measure can not have an amendment attached that is not related to the primary bill or spending measure.
- Make it illegal to give federal money to private companies (ie. subsidies, stimulus).
- Pass new laws making it unconstitutional, let alone illegal, for the federal government to take over and operate a private industry. (something tells me this is already illegal but no one wants to take a stand for some reason)
- Stop funding Arts and Science unless it is related to our national security.