Rep Boehner, if you really want to create jobs, then put in these changes.
* Place a one year freeze on Capital Gains taxes.
* Provide a one year moratorium on small-business and self-employment taxes.
* In addition to providing tax breaks for employees, reduce the taxes on employers. Reduce the top tax rate of 28, 33 and 35% down to 25%. Allow employers to keep more of their money so that they can AFFORD to employ more people.
* Eliminate or drastically reduce minimum wage requirement. Allow more young people to find employment - they have a 52% unemployment now.
* Implement a permanent 50% cut on corporate taxes. The US is the highest anywhere.
* Mandate that any pork spending be done one bill at a time.
* Mandate that any bill or spending measure can not have an amendment attached that is not related to the primary bill or spending measure.
* Make it illegal to give federal money to private companies (ie. subsidies, stimulus).
* Pass new laws making it unconstitutional, let alone illegal, for the federal government to take over and operate a private industry. (something tells me this is already illegal but no one wants to take a stand for some reason)
* Stop funding Arts and Science unless it is related to our national security.
With these options, you can really kick-start this economy. More so than providing federal funds to help stock vending machines. But, you have to have the guts to do what is right, not just what is expedient.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Flash From The Past
Back in October 2009, I posted about how Rep Boehner could create jobs if he really wanted to. I'll repost my suggestions once again 2 years later. Take note, none of these have been done and we are still in an economic crisis.